“How strong and courageous will you be in my day of reckoning?”
I am still in Ethiopia, and we are still pushing to complete the consultant check of Kafa Ezekiel. One of the most difficult features of Ezekiel is embedded speech, sometimes up to 4 or 5 levels. In the Kafa language, each level of speech requires a form of the verb “to say” at the end of thequotation. God’s message through Ezekiel speaks to the issues we face today as our culture pushes us toward godlessness. May we live in reverent obedience to Him, knowing there will be a day of reckoning.
Matt graduated from Africa International University with a Master’s in Biblical Translation on July 2nd. His research gave us a basis for planning promotion of Kafa Scripture use. Praise God!
On August 2nd, we met with two SIM Ethiopia leaders to discuss how the Kafa team can promote use of the Kafa Scriptures. One leader offered to work with Matt and Teka in preparing a project proposal which includes Scripture use promotion. Praise God! We also met informally with Wycliffe Ethiopia, part of Wycliffe Global Alliance. They are eager to partner with us in promoting the use of the Kafa Scriptures. Please pray for wisdom, unity, and effective ministry in all of this.
The Kafa Genesis Diglot (Kafa text in one column, English in the other) has been printed. We are delighted with the work of SIM Press in producing such a beautiful book. Teka posted it on Facebook, and within a few minutes Kafa young people were asking, “Where can I get a copy?”
Praise God with us for:
- Matt’s graduation with a Master’s in Biblical Translation;
- safe travel, including a trip to Matt’s home church in Kafa;
- the Kafa Genesis Diglot and enthusiasm with which it is being received;
- good meetings resulting in clearer vision and surer hope for promoting Kafa Scripture use;
- God’s provision of a good, though temporary, place for Abby and family to live when they had to move from their rented quarters.
Please pray with me for:
- completion of the consultant check of Kafa Ezekiel and my return to the US in late August;
- planning and implementation of a Kafa Scripture use program;
- funds to complete the Kafa Bible and promote its use;
- God’s provision of a more permanent place for Abby and family to live;
- the people and leaders of Ethiopia – that the more than eighty diverse people groups will work together for the benefit of the nation and all of its people.
Thank you for your partnership to bring God’s Word to the Kafa people in their heart language!
Weekly prayer meeting: Teka and Matt on far left with Daniel between; Kurt, who typeset Kafa Genesis diglot, 2nd from right.
SIM USA, PO Box 7900, Charlotte NC 28241-7900